Thursday 5 March 2009

1st!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM

I realise that I follow international sports a lot. Often I have a number of sports that I'm following in the background on my work computer and then when I get home I can't remember what's going on. Hence this blog.

The idea is that every Monday I summarise tournaments, events, or particular important dates in the world of sports. That way me (and any other poor sap who reads this) won't be surprised by say, the Women's Cricket World Cup or the Bandy World Championships. I'm a Canadian living in Europe and as such the coverage will be somewhat biased.

I will be following international activities since I find following individual national leagues to be rather tedious. If anyone wants to 'write' (and by write I mean a two sentence summary of last week and key matchup for this week) for a given league (be it hockey, soccer, whatever) let me know.

Anyway, this is what we have for this week:
Feb 27 - March 5: - World U18 Ice Hockey Championships, divison IIIa - Australia or Chinese Taipei is the big question here
March 3: NHL trade deadline - Watch the craziness as it happens
March 3 - 15: NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Week - Minor Conferences tip-off this week
March 4 - 5: Concacaf Champions League QF 2nd leg - Look for a big showing for the Montreal Impact
March 5 - 23: World Baseball Classic - Go Canada!
March 5 - 7: Rugby Sevens World Cup - Canada go up against Scotland first
March 5 - 15: World Junior Curling Championships - Look for a strong Canadian showing
March 6 - 10: Davis Cup - Can Canada beat Ecuador and Peru?
March 7 - 22: Women's World Cup of Cricket - Sadly no Canadian presence here
March 7 - 15: Tim Horton's Brier - Canadian men's curling championship. Probably the best curling you'll see all year.

And yes, I could just use some bookmarking service, but how could I share it with the world?

1 comment:

Rob said...

Forgot one:
March 6 - 15: Concacaf U20 championship
http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.aspx?id=4648